It's official - we are homeowners in Southern California! It has been a whopping 38 days since we: (1) put our Berkeley house on the market, (2) sold our Berkeley house, (3) put an offer on a house in So Cal, (4) had our offer accepted, (5) closed escrow on our Berkeley house, and (6) closed escrow on our new home here in So Cal. This is our third fixer house - we are gluttons for punishment, I know. The house was built in 1958 and we are only the second owners - almost the entire house is original.
These are the pics from the inspection, and there is already work occuring at the house - I'll post some after pics next week. Keep an eye on the fireplace - it appears to be "nice" brick but it's quite ugly and will be getting a major transformation this Friday. But generally speaking, this house is in pretty good shape - we've seen worse...


2 comments:
Congrats on making it back to so-cal. Your new home looks beautiful!
I am sure you all are going to have loads of fun making your new house a home. Good luck!
Post a Comment