Monday, May 25, 2009

ballet class

Things have been very busy around here - we can't believe 2009 is almost halfway done. How did that happen?

I probably have a million photos to post, but for now I thought I'd show you some from Miss C's ballet class - she has her first recital in about 3 weeks, so the girls have been practicing in the "big" studio for their debut as prima ballerinas:

There's Miss C in her purple leotard and fabulous tutu courtesy of Grandma.

For a few weeks now all of the dancers taking class around the same time come to this room to practice coming onstage from the wings and in the dark. Then they practice their respective dances for one another. The stage mommies aren't allowed in the rehearsal room, which is why all of these photos are from the back. But I think you can get a sense of their general cuteness even from this angle...


Clearly, there's a whole lot of standing around during this dance. I'm suspecting the recital will be much of the same except in full costume and makeup (yes, makeup for 3 and 4 year olds...)


The end!


1 comments:

heidistitches said...

Seriously adorable. The one disadvantage to having a boy - karate clothes just aren't as cute as a tutu!